Pel-State is looking to add Route Transport Driver to it's growing team in Midland, TX. This individual drives a bobtail and/or tractor-tanker, sometimes long distances, over predetermined routes to transport fuel. This position is a manual handling, labor intensive job that includes loading and unloading fuel from vehicle onto customer's premises. Operates company vehicle in a professional manner. We do not offer housing for Route Drivers, so applicants must be in the MIdland/Odessa area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Applies knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle (e.g. performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
• Inspects truck for condition.
• Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations.
• Safely load fuel from a fuel rack and then unload into frac tanks, yard tanks and other client equipment.
• Interacts with customers on daily basis while making deliveries to places of business.
• Service all scheduled customers by the end of the daily shift.
• Comply with operating procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be 23 years of age or older.
• Class A CDL operator's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements required.
• Ability to read & comprehend computer printouts and write legibly.
• Complete DOT acceptable application for employment.
• Successfully complete DOT required road test; DOT drug screen & physical.
• General knowledge of highways and locations in TX, NM & surrounding states where deliveries may be scheduled.
• Ability to take direction & comprehend instructions; work well with others.
• Know & obey all traffic regulations; be safe & conscientious driver; ability to drive standard bobtail and /or tractor-tanker.
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
• Ability to perform the physical duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Moderate physical activity. Requires lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require basic safety precautions.
• Exposure to outside weather, including extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions.
• Requires long periods of time driving a vehicle with the ability to see in all types of light, e.g. daylight or night time, and exposure to fumes and vibration.
• Noise level is moderate.
• Eligible to enroll in health insurance that includes medical, dental, vision and other supplemental plans after 90 days of employment.
• Paid time off, including holidays after 90 days of employment.
• Average schedule is 50 hours a week, but that is subject to change and not a guarantee.
This position is non-exempt, full time position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pel-State is an equal opportunity employer