The mechanic will be responsible for safe operation, maintenance and preparation of assigned equipment and performing administrative work associated with appropriate records keeping of equipment maintenance performed.
- Adheres to and ensures that all safety practices and housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensures that completed repairs are performed to the highest quality per OEM recommendations.
- Perform administrative duties associated with maintaining activity records and logs regarding equipment and repairs.
- Ensure routine maintenance and up-keep of equipment and tools.
- Input and export accurate data from the CMMS to ensure all work is performed and annotated correctly.
- Performs inspections, diagnostics, repair, services and rebuild of components and assemblies and determines serviceability of vehicle systems, assemblies or subassemblies and the need for repair.
- Analyzes malfunctions by visual and auditory examination or through the use of test diagnostic equipment.
- Repairs, adjusts and overhauls/replaces major assemblies or subassemblies such as engine mechanical, electrical, air-conditioning, fuel, emission, power train, brake, steering and suspension and emissions systems.
- Reassembles, adjusts and tests repaired units for proper operations.
- Performs preventive and special maintenance.
- Uses technical publications to maintain vehicles to prescribed manufactures’ maintenance schedules.
- Adheres to all established safety policies and standards to include identification, use and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous waste.
- Reads and follows current policies and procedures as outlined in all SOP’s applicable to assigned work location.
- Emphasizes sense of urgency with shop mechanics to reduce equipment downtime.
- All other job duties non included in the description as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and the proper safety precautions involved in maintaining motorized equipment.
- Considerable and specialized knowledge and skills in diesel troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
- Skilled in diagnoses and repairing parts of the principles and practices of organization, administration, and supervision.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction in the safe repair of equipment.
- Skill in the use and operation of motorized equipment.
- Oversee and perform maintenance on equipment to determine serviceability, of systems and sub systems on components
- Ability to articulate oral instructions and follow through with shop mechanics.
- Ability to understand and work from manuals and specifications.
- Basic welding skills.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or GED.
- Must be local to Shreveport or the surrounding areas.
- Prefer a graduate from a two (2) year accredited diesel technical school and at least 1 year mechanic work experience or 5 years of diesel mechanic work experience.
- Certified in Brakes, PM, Electrical, HVAC, Fuel, Emissions Systems, provide copies of all certifications for employee file.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement or able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Prefer fuel hauling industry experience.
- Must have experience using a computerized maintenance manager system, TMT software is a plus.
- Must have experience in diagnosing trucks using the Paccar software, Cummins Insite, or Genisys Electronic Diagnostic Scan Tool.
- Must have experience performing preventative maintenance.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Able to frequently lift 50 lbs.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, lifting, and squatting.
- Ability to work in both inside and outside conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes, and gasses from internal combustion engines, odors, loud noise, dirty and weather extremes.
- Must have all tools and be willing to work weekends, perform roadside service calls, and drive to remote field sites for repairs as needed.
- Long hours and exposure to weather and adverse conditions.
- May be required to travel overnight.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger and leg dexterity.
- Wear appropriate safety gear including steel toe boots, safety glasses, respirators.
- The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Eligible to enroll in health insurance that includes medical, dental, vision and other supplemental plans after 90 days of employment.
- Paid time off, including holidays after 90 days of employment.
- Eligible to enroll in 401K after 90 days of employment.
This position is non-exempt, full time position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pel-State is an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re searching for a career with a great team, and rewarding experience, Pel-State Services is one of the fastest growing oilfield services businesses in North America. Everywhere you look, companies are basically the same. They do good work, they hire good people, and they try to make a living. At Pel-State, we’re not the same. In fact, nothing about us is the same as anyone in our industry. We do great work, we hire great people, and we try to make our business great for our customers and ourselves. We are unique in the fact that we never stop improving. We’re not perfect, but when it comes to what we do, we are the best and we care more than anyone else. We work with great companies, and our expectation is that while our competitors may be vendors, we’re your company’s solutions partner. We service the roughest, most extreme environments, and we go places that no other fueling company has gone before. Learn more about us and let us help you by putting us to work to solve problems and increase efficiencies for your business.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)