Pel-State is looking to add Route Transport Driver to it's team in Shreveport, LA. This individual drives a bobtail and/or tractor-tanker, sometimes long distances, over predetermined routes to transport fuel. This position is a manual handling, labor intensive job that includes loading and unloading fuel from vehicle onto customer's premises. Operates company vehicle in a professional manner. We do not offer housing for Route Drivers, so applicants must be in the Shreveport, LA area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Applies knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle (e.g. performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
• Inspects truck for condition.
• Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations.
• Safely load fuel from a fuel rack and then unload into frac tanks, yard tanks and other client equipment.
• Interacts with customers on daily basis while making deliveries to places of business.
• Service all scheduled customers by the end of the daily shift.
• Comply with operating procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be 23 years of age or older.
• Class A CDL operator's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements required.
• Ability to read & comprehend computer printouts and write legibly.
• Complete DOT acceptable application for employment.
• Successfully complete DOT required road test; DOT drug screen & physical.
• General knowledge of highways and locations in LA, TX & surrounding states where deliveries may be scheduled.
• Ability to take direction & comprehend instructions; work well with others.
• Know & obey all traffic regulations; be safe & conscientious driver; ability to drive standard bobtail and /or tractor-tanker.
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
• Ability to perform the physical duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Moderate physical activity. Requires lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require basic safety precautions.
• Exposure to outside weather, including extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions.
• Requires long periods of time driving a vehicle with the ability to see in all types of light, e.g. daylight or night time, and exposure to fumes and vibration.
• Noise level is moderate.
• Eligible to enroll in health insurance that includes medical, dental, vision and other supplemental plans after 90 days of employment.
• Paid time off, including holidays after 90 days of employment.
• Eligible to enroll in 401K after 90 days of employment.
• Average schedule is 50 hours a week, but that is subject to change and not a guarantee.
• Route drivers start at $21 an hour but can be negotiated based on experience and shift.
This position is non-exempt, full time position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pel-State is an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re searching for a career with a great team, and rewarding experience, Pel-State Services is one of the fastest growing oilfield services businesses in North America. Everywhere you look, companies are basically the same. They do good work, they hire good people, and they try to make a living. At Pel-State, we’re not the same. In fact, nothing about us is the same as anyone in our industry. We do great work, we hire great people, and we try to make our business great for our customers and ourselves. We are unique in the fact that we never stop improving. We’re not perfect, but when it comes to what we do, we are the best and we care more than anyone else. We work with great companies, and our expectation is that while our competitors may be vendors, we’re your company’s solutions partner. We service the roughest, most extreme environments, and we go places that no other fueling company has gone before. Learn more about us and let us help you by putting us to work to solve problems and increase efficiencies for your business.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)