The Vice President of Accounting will oversee the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s administrative and financial services and departments, supporting and promoting profitable goals and objectives. Reporting to the owner and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Vice President of Accounting will be responsible for the development and execution of the company’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures both in the accounting and general operational realms.
- Trains management and professional-level staff.
- Oversees the schedules and responsibilities of staff in the department.
- Prepare and process detailed financial statements.
- Coordinate financial audits with the CEO and COO.
- Prepare written budgets and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Establish internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
- Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department.
- In collaboration with other executive staff, and skilled and trusted departmental employees, develops, implements, operates, maintains, and controls the essential operating systems, information, and financial business of the company.
- Defines and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the division and, as appropriate, the entire organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team.
- Drafts and implements policies and best practices to support achievement of objectives and required standards.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Facilitates implementation of new systems and major modifications of existing systems to reduce downtime.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration.
- Solid Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred.
- Excellent 10-key speed and accuracy.
- At least five years of experience in the financial function of a company required.
- Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
If you’re searching for a career with a great team, and rewarding experience, Pel-State Services is one of the fastest growing oilfield services businesses in North America. Everywhere you look, companies are basically the same. They do good work, they hire good people, and they try to make a living. At Pel-State, we’re not the same. In fact, nothing about us is the same as anyone in our industry. We do great work, we hire great people, and we try to make our business great for our customers and ourselves. We are unique in the fact that we never stop improving. We’re not perfect, but when it comes to what we do, we are the best and we care more than anyone else. We work with great companies, and our expectation is that while our competitors may be vendors, we’re your company’s solutions partner. We service the roughest, most extreme environments, and we go places that no other fueling company has gone before. Learn more about us and let us help you by putting us to work to solve problems and increase efficiencies for your business.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)